Friday, April 22, 2011

Nights and Weekends

So this last week Rick has change d to night shift at work. That means a total change of schedule not just with him but with Andrew and me. Rick goes to work at like 3 pm and gets home around 7 am! That is a lot of hours away from the house! I think that it was after 3 days of work he had 42 hours in for the week and I don't think that that includes the 1 hour drive each way. We are all so tired. We all miss each other so much! This morning when Rick got home from work he gave me his check to put into the bank and said here is your payment for not seeing me! It is so hard on us! I love that he is doing this for our family so we can do many things later in life.

Nights - from 3 pm on it is Andrew and I at home! We either play games or go on a walk. Eat dinner then it is pretty much time for bed. At bed time we read a book so it is our down time together. After I put Andrew to bed I make dinner for Ricky and us for the next night so that Rick can have dinner when he gets home and lunch for his next night shift. I tend to go to bed after 11pm every night. I wake up so many times during the night. Insomnia sucks. I get 3 to 5 hours of sleep a night! I am out of bed by 6am at the latest. I start getting Ricks dinner together and clean up dishes, start laundry things that I used to do during the day when I was alone at home during the day. Rick calls me around 6:30 every morning to tell me he is about 15 minutes away. Rick gets home eats Andrew wakes up for the day and we all sit around and just try and relax for a little. Rick goes to bed 7:30 ish. At 8:30 ish it is time to get going to school. I drop Andrew off at school before 9 and run errands if I have any then go home and i have to be quiet so that Rick can sleep. At about 2 I get ricks lunch together and wake him up around 2:30 and our days start over. CRAZY!

This weekend is a little different because Andrew went to his moms house for the weekend. It is way too quiet around our house. I miss Andrew. It was so cute to see him before he went with his mom he didn't want to go he wanted to stay with me so he could see daddy. It is so hard not to cry in front of him about not seeing dad. So far I have not cried in front of Andrew or Rick. I cry when I'm in my car and no one else is around. Life feels so messed up right now. Also this weekend I have to do Easter. I'm going into town tomorrow while Rick is sleeping. I really don't know what to do for Easter. I think that Sunday I will be dying eggs. This will be so interesting.

We will see how it goes.

Love you Husband. - Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment