Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Healthy Lifestyle

For the last 4 and a half months I have been trying to workout and eat health. I have been measuring myself because I am not just doing cardio. I am doing some weight lifting and muscles weight more than fat so the scale has not gone down any yet but I am losing inches.

Even with measuring it still gets discouraging. As of late I have been so discouraged that I don't feel like I should go on. So about a month ago I went to the doctors to see what would help! While there we talked about my health in general. We found out that I am depressed and that I am overweight. Both of these things go hand in hand for me. When I get depressed I eat. I have been this way for a long time. I have to try and break the habit. So to help with the depression the doctor has gotten me on an antidepressant. The anti depression medician that I am on is also supposed to help with weight loss - hunger - as well as the depression

During this last month I have been trying to watch what I eat and how much I eat. I do really good at breakfast and dinner time but between those time when no one is home i feel like eating all the time. So what do I do I fill myself up on carbs. So even thought I am doing cardio and weight lifting I am not doing my body any good. I have a carb addiction. I am going to try and deal with this in the next month and try to eat good carbs and not bad carbs.

Today is going to be a new start for me. I am going to go on a walk or jog everyday no matter what. This will most likely happen after I take Andrew to school and before I get settled down for the day. I take the dog with me so that I will push myself to get the dog some exercise as well. I am going to write down what exercise I do each day and what I eat each day. This way I can keep track on when I have a bad day and when I have a good day. I am also going to write down how I felt about what I did each day. I think that this will help me keep on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment