Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Meal Planning

So lately I have been trying to do some meal planning. I try to plan the whole week on Sundays so that on Monday when I go to the store I can get everything that I need for the whole week.

Meals for this week:

Monday - Sweet and sour Chicken
Tuesday - Flank Steak
Wednesday - Crock Pot Chicken
Thursday - London Broil
Friday - Stuffing Stuffed Chicken
Saturday - Sassy Chicken
Sunday - Ham and Potatoes for Easter.

Items that I need to get for the week (including items for lunch and breakfast)
Food Pavilion or Safeway
carrots
broccoli
cauliflower
sweet potatoes
red and green peppers
red onion
limes
lemons
zucchini
shallot
red wine vinegar
ham
london broil
flank steak - or carne asada
chicken - whole
rice-a-roni
stuffing
Italian dressing packets
cream of mushroom soup
oats - Ricky breakfast
jam
raisins
cereal - Andrew breakfast
eggs
milk

When I am looking up dinner ideas and before i go shopping I try and look for any coupons that will help with making my shopping cheaper. I also try to plan my dinners around coupons. I go to the Safeway and food pavilion websites to see who has the cheapest items for the week.

Meal planning is also a way for me and my family to try to eat healthier. I try to make everything homemade. If I can't make it myself I try to figure out how to do it. I am trying not to eat preservatives. I don't think that they are good for us. I have been trying to make whole wheat bread but I have been having some difficulties. I also want to make pita bread.

I will have to share some of the recipies for this week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment