Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday Goals

So I really don't have much to blog about today! I turned 24 yesterday! I got to have a day of relaxing and grocery shopping! I got to make Lindsay's Pork chops! I have pork chops every year for my birthday! I don't really know why but I just know it as my birthday tradition!

Goals for the next year is just to live a healthier life! I really want to eat better! If anyone has any tips for me please let me know! I don't know how to control it. I know that I'm addicted to food. How do you change from being addicted to something? I don't really have a problem with sugar or sweets my main problem is bread, pasta, crackers and anything along those lines. I hate myself for it I think that the only way that I can control it is just to go cold turkey with it and then add it in little at a time but whole wheat. I don't know how else to do it.

So I will do this and I am hoping that by my next birthday I will have lost weight and a healthier me.

I could use some help with healthy recipes and tips to keep me on track. I will keep all updated with my goals for the next year.

1 comment:

  1. ok I am now caught up on your blog!

    So with the weight and depression, you are not alone girl. its so hard. Everyone is so different and every BODY is different, but I recently have lost weight and I tell you what has worked for me.
    For me, it is ALL about calorie intake. I kept track of what I ate, and I mean did the math, wrote it down, even weighed food if I had to. That way you are exact and you know exactly whats going into your body. I found that really helped with snacking, a handful of crackers or a small sandwich may seem like nothing, but it really does add u ya know? I also went running/walking 30 minutes a day. I set a realistic goal, I wasnt trying to get to super model weight, but a goal I felt comfortable with, and I kept that in mind. I think its also important to remember that tomorrow is a new day, if you mess up today, oh well, tomorrow you can be even better. The whole weight loss stuff is hard, but really once you get into it, it is just part of who you are and you become more confident that you can do it. sure there are plateaus and even low points but as long as you keep on trying and working hard, it pays off.

    Im glad you got some medication, there have been points in my life where I look back on them and really wish I would have, good for you for getting help.

    Good luck with teh night shift! that is so hard. I hope there is stuff for you to keep busy (that also helped me not eat too much, stay busy/distracted) the more busy I am, the less I miss Chad when he has to work nights and stuff. Stay strong girl, it wont last for ever. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

    we love you!

    ReplyDelete