Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Homemade Everything!

So I am trying to learn new thing and try new things out! This week I am trying homemade cleaning products and homemade anything really! I have been going to a blog that has a lot of money saving tips and well homemade products will save you money! The blog that I go to is thegrocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com man oh man I can't get away from it! I love this blog.

I will be posting some of the recipes that I have found and that I am currently using! I really hope that it is going to save me a bunch of money and time in the long run!

I also have been trying to organize myself with cleaning lists, meal menus and stuff like that so that when I go back to work I know what needs to be done each day and what we are going to eat. I hope that all of my planning and work now will pay out in the end!

Here are some of the recipes that I have found!

All purpose cleaner (409)

1 empty trigger spray bottle
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon borax
water
1/8 cup liquid dish soap

Pour vinegar and borax into the spray bottle, add 1 cup of water and swish around until borax has dissolved. Fill with water leaving enough room for the dish soap.

Window Cleaner (Windex)

1/4 cup ammonia
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
6 3/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients together in a bucket and pour into a spray bottle. Store extra in a container for later.

Fabric Softener

6 cups water
3 cups vinegar
2 cups any hair conditioner

Put all ingredients into a gallon container and swish until mixed (if you shake it will just foam up). Add some to you washer when you need it or put into spray bottle and spray on to clothes before you put them into the dryer.

Teeth whitener

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cap full hydrogen peroxide

mix the two together and put on to tooth brush. Use as if you were using toothpaste but do not swallow at all. ( doesn't taste good so I would just use it on the fronts of my teeth and then brush with my regular toothpaste) Only use 1 a week to 1 a month.


For a lot of these you can get the ingredients at you local dollar store. If you would like more time saving/money saving tips just go to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment