Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fishing

So the first day of fishing Ricky and his brother Brian went out and didn't catch a thing.... the second day Andrew, Ricky and Larry(ricks dad) all went out fishing and they got a lot of fish.... they brought in 7. Of corse when the got in we had to food saver them!!! We are hoping to smoke some of the fish. I think that it would taste really good. I don't know what brine to use on fish tho.. day three of fishing Larry and Ricky went out and got 7 more I think that the threw some back. we sealed them up and they are in a freezer now... So it has been a good trip for fishing for us. The other people that we have been fishing with have been going up to like Roosevelt (they call it Roofis woods) fish ponds and they haven't caught a thing. We make fun of them every night when they get back.

It is so cold out that I really don't want to go outside. I think that the weather thing said it was 34 out and if feels like 28.... From what that said it is supposed to snow tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that one.. I want to be in Belize with Mom and Dad roasting in the pool and eating shrimp and authentic foods that i don't think that I would want to know what is in them. But I am sitting here in my motorhome with my space heater on that heats up the entire thing. I went outside a little while ago and dang I don't want to have to take the dog out to go potty. She will have to got right when I get into my book or when I have gotten comphy on the back couch. Right now she is sitting in the drivers seat all snug as a bug with all the extra blankets wraped around her. I wisht that i could get that comphy...

Oh I made some of the best steak the first night that we were here.... all you have to do is marinate it....use some worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic... let it sit for at least a half an hour and dang you got some good meat there... another thing that we had that we haven't had in a long time was beef dips. left over roast beef and the the au jus sauce it was amazing. I may have to make it with some pork roast that I have at home when we get back. Oh the things that make you think of your childhood. Also the things that make you think of your mothers cooking.... That last one kinda scares me... Moms cooking was a little different sometimes.... like Mexican something (actually a hit in my household) and homemade mac and cheese ( Tj I still can't eat the craft stuff)

Well I have company now so I will keep things going as we are here talk to you soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment